As of January 1, 2016, California DMV OL maintains files for the following licenses:
- Salesperson – 88,887
- DMV 8016, Request for Live Scan Clearance (receipt)
- (More Information about Live Scan)
- OL 16S, Application for Salesperson License (Renewal)
- OL 16M, Salespersons License Renewal Application (PDF)
- OL 18 Application for a Duplicate or Corrected Vehicle Salesperson License
- California Code of Regulations. Title 13, Chapter 1.Government Code. Section 6157 (a) – (d).
11812 California Vehicle Code
(a) A vehicle salesperson licensed under this article shall, at the time of employment, deliver his or her salesperson’s license to his or her employing dealer for the posting of the salesperson’s license or a true and exact copy of the salesperson’s license in a place conspicuous to the public at each location where he or she is actually engaged in the selling of vehicles for the employing dealer.
(b) The license, or a true and exact copy of the license, shall be displayed continuously at each location where he or she is actually engaged in the selling of vehicles during the employment. If a vehicle salesperson’s employment is terminated, the license shall be returned to the salesperson and all copies of the license used by the dealer for posting or display shall be destroyed by the dealer.
(c) A vehicle salesperson licensed pursuant to this article shall report in writing to the department every change of residence address within five days of the change.
(d) A person currently or previously licensed under this article who no longer resides at the address last filed with the department may be served with process issued pursuant to Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 11500) of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of the Government Code by registered mail at that residence, unless the person has notified the department in writing of another address where service may be made.
– See more at: http://codes.findlaw.com/ca/vehicle-code/veh-sect-11812.html#sthash.rOKdcmbj.dpuf